We want Beacon stories shared widely for free by other journalism organizations. We welcome and encourage you to republish our journalism. Please follow these rules.
- Give us credit, ideally in this format: “By Jane Reporter, The Kansas City Beacon.”
- If you publish online, include the links from the story, and a link to the original article’s URL at www.thebeacon.media.
- It’s fine to change the story to suit your in-house style (for example, using “Lawrence, Kan.” instead of “Lawrence.”)
- If you make changes that are more significant than style tweaks — such as adding a comment from a local official — you need to include a note like this: “Additional reporting by Joe Reporter.”
- You can publish our photos and graphics only with the stories with which they originally appeared. For any other uses, seek permission.
- When possible, include the following at the end of the story: This story was originally published by The Kansas City Beacon, an online news outlet focused on local, in-depth journalism in the public interest.
- If you share the story on social media, please mention @beacon_news (Twitter), @kcbeacon (Facebook) and @beaconmediainc (Instagram).
- Don’t sell the story.
- Don’t sell ads against the story or place the story behind a paywall. Feel free, however, to publish it on a page surrounded by ads you’ve already sold.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org